CHICAGO, IL — Need some legal advice? Attorneys with the Chicago Bar Association’s Call-A-Lawyer Program will be available to take calls from the public and offer brief legal advice on Saturday, Jan. 15, as part of an ongoing legal public service program offered by the CBA. Calls will be accepted from 9 a.m. to noon at 312-554-2001. Call-A-Lawyer events are typically held on the third Saturday of each month in the morning hours.
Citizens can call in and briefly explain their situation to an attorney, who will then work to suggest self-help strategies or provide advice to help resolve their issues. If callers need further legal services, or have questions beyond the scope of the attorney’s practice area, they will be advised to contact the CBA Lawyer Referral Service during the week for a referral to an attorney in the appropriate area of law.
The CBA’s Lawyer Referral Service has more than 200 prescreened, qualified lawyers experienced in almost every area of law that offer their services to the public. When contacting the LRS during normal business hours Monday through Friday, callers can be referred to attorneys practicing in numerous areas of law, including:
- Domestic Relations, including divorce, custody, support and other family law matters);
- Personal Injury (including auto accidents, slip and falls, products liability, wrongful death, malpractice and other types of injury cases.
- Estate Planning, including will and trust drafting, probate and will contest.
- Real Estate, including buying or selling real estate, foreclosure defense and landlord/tenant issues.
- Employment Law, including wrongful termination, harassment and discrimination.
Additionally, the CBA offers an after-hours on-call service which provides callers’ access to attorneys in three different areas of law at any time after normal business hours. You can reach a lawyer 24/7 for help with criminal defense, personal injury and family law matters by calling 312-554-2001.